Natto pasta is a creative fusion dish that combines traditional Italian pasta with the unique Japanese ingredient, natto. The dish typically involves cooking pasta al dente and tossing it with a sauce made from natto, soy sauce, and other seasonings. The sticky texture and distinct flavor of natto add an interesting twist to the pasta, providing a savory and umami-rich element. It is often garnished with green onions, shredded nori, or additional toppings to enhance the overall taste. Natto pasta offers a delightful cross-cultural culinary experience for adventurous food enthusiasts.
- 1 package of Aya’s Culture Kitchen Boston Natto
- 1 tsp of mentsuyu
- 200 grams of spaghetti
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- Olive oil
- Soy sauce
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Cook the spaghetti according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat some olive oil in a pan. Add the minced garlic and sauté until fragrant.
- Open the natto package and mix it with mentsuyu.
- Add the mixed natto into the pan and stir well.
- Toss the cooked spaghetti in the pan with the natto. Add a splash of soy sauce and mix well until the pasta is evenly coated.
- Serve the pasta with a sprinkle of chopped parsley and, if desired, some parmesan cheese.