Please specify the number of 5 oz (140 gram) natto packs you would like to order, and your shipping preferences. This is a weekly subscription.
Important shipping information (PLEASE READ)
- Local Pickup: If you live nearby, for the absolute best freshness, we recommend the local pickup option from our farm stand at 75 Dudley St, Arlington, MA, 02476. If you want just a few packs, you may just come anytime 24×7 to our farm-stand and pay there using Venmo or Credit Card, while supplies last. To enter the pick-up area, use the door combination code “C710X”. To guarantee there is enough supply for you, and to benefit from large-order discounts, you are welcome to order online here and select “Local Pickup”. We will bag and label your order for you. For such online orders, we will email you when your package is ready for pickup.
- Shipping: Several shipping options are offered. The UPS Ground shipping option is only recommended for destinations within two days‘ shipping time from Boston (roughly the US Northeast). See the map on this page for your estimated shipping time. We recommend specifying cold packs and faster shipping options if you are far from Massachusetts, and this is the default setting. Note that UPS does not guarantee their shipping times, and that shipping times tend to stretch longer during holidays and bad weather events. Please plan your orders accordingly.
- A note about shipping methods and natto freshness: When stored continuously at refrigerator temperatures (ideally 5ºC / 40ºF), natto is at peak quality for about 10 days and is still considered edible for a month or more. Natto can safely tolerate room temperatures for a number of days, but it will gradually ferment and gain a stronger flavor and smell. Many will find it objectionable after about three days at room temperature. Shipping options without cold packs are not temperature controlled, and may lead to additional natural fermentation and a stronger taste. Cold packs last approximately 24-36 hours. For this reason, shipping to farther destinations, using slower shipping options, shipping during times UPS is delayed, or omitting cold packs may expose your natto to warmer temperatures for an extended period of time. Aya’s Culture Kitchen cannot control or prevent these occurrences, though faster shipping options and cold packs will help. It is up to you what shipping method to use. Many customers report that during the colder months, regular UPS ground shipping without cold packs in the Northeast region provides acceptable results. Customers farther away have generally found that UPS ground shipping is not fast enough.
About our natto
- Superfood Powerhouse: Packed with natural sources of plant-based proteins, Vitamin K2, and nattokinase for optimal gut-health benefits.
- Locally Handmade: Crafted with care in small batches in Arlington, MA, ensuring the freshest natto experience.
- Superior Ingredients: We only use top-quality organic, non-GMO soybeans grown specifically for natto.
- Authentic Expertise: Made by a US-educated Japanese biologist who has been trained in natto production by some of the most experienced long-time artisanal natto producers in Japan and the US.
- Always Fresh, Never Frozen: Unlike most nattos from Asian supermarkets that have been imported frozen, our Boston Natto is always fresh and never frozen. This preserves the strength of its probiotics and maintains its authentic taste and texture.
- Eco-friendly: Natto produced in Asia and sold in the US is often made with US soybeans which have been shipped across the world twice. By making our natto directly here in the US, we eliminate carbon impact of this unnecessary global shipping.
Choose Boston Natto for a true, fresh, and authentic natto experience.
Statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.